01 November 2012

Harvest Friends (PTU)

(Click tag to see full-size image)

Harvest Friends

This tutorial was written by me on November 1st, 2012 and is the result of my own ideas.  Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintentional.

PSP version used: X2, but should work in other versions.

This tutorial was written assuming you have a general knowledge of PSP.

Supplies Needed

Scrap kit: I used a beautiful kit by Tootypup Scraps called "Autumn Harvest".  Please visit her blog HERE for links to her stores.  Thanks so much Susan!

Tube: I used a wonderful, whimsical tube by Katherine Barber called "The Little Things".  LOVE it!!  You can purchase Katherine's tubes from Up Your Art.  You must have a license to use her art.

Mask: I used mask #248 by Weescotslass.

Font: I used Hummingbird, which is a pay font.  Any nice cursive font, such as Chopin Script would work just as well.

Drop shadow used throughout: H&V 2, Opacity 58, Blur 10.

~~ Remember to save often! ~~

Place the mask in your PSP masks folder or a folder of your choice.

Open a new image, 800 x 700, white background.

From the kit, open AutumnHarvest_02 and resize 65%.  Copy and paste as a new layer and move to the left side of your canvas.  See my tag for placement.

Resize the tube 60%, copy and paste as a new layer and move to the right.

Now add your elements, arranging the fence, pumpkin clusters, and the sunflower deco behind your tube and in front of the fence.  See my tag for reference.  I used:

Fence_01: resize 30%; duplicate and arrange as desired, erase excess
PumpkinCluster_01: resize 30%, then 80%
PumpkinCluster_02: resize 30%, then 80%
Buckets_03: resize 25%, then 80%
SunflowerDeco_01: resize 25%
Snail_01: resize 10%, then 85%
Butterfly_01: resize 10%, then 85%
Butterfly_02: resize 10%, then 85% x 2

Duplicate the butterflies and resize as desired.  Mirror some of them and arrange as shown or however you like.

Apply drop shadows.  Hide the background layer and merge visible.  Resize merged layer 85%.

Unhide the background layer and add a new raster layer.  Copy and paste a paper of choice as a new layer (I used paper 08).  Apply the mask and merge the mask group.  Use the raster deform tool to resize the mask to your satisfaction.

Crop and resize your tag.

Add your name and all applicable copyright and license information.  Save as a png or jpg and you're finished!  I hope you enjoy your new tag.  : )

I'd love to see your results, email me HERE.

Hugs, Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket