19 August 2012

Seven Shades Of Sin (PTU)

(Click tag to see full-size image)

Seven Shades Of Sin

This tutorial was written by me on August 19th, 2012 and is the result of my own ideas.  Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintentional.

PSP version used: X2, but should work in other versions.

This tutorial was written assuming you have a general knowledge of PSP.

Supplies Needed

Scrap kit: I used an awesome full-size kit by Designed by Stina called "Fifty Shades Of Grey".  Please visit Stina's blog HERE for links to her stores.  Thanks so much hun!

Tube & close-up: I used one of Arthur Crowe's stud muffins <g> which I purchased from PTE.  Arthur now has his own tube store HERE.

A quote from the book "Fifty Shades Of Grey" by E.L. James.  My text, saved as a png file is HERE.

Mask: I used mask #201 by Gem's Taggin' Scraps.

Font: I used Fragrance, a pay font, but any nice script font will do.  : )

~~ Remember to save often! ~~

Place the mask in your PSP masks folder or a folder of your choice.

Open a new image, 800 x 750, white background.

From the kit, open Frame01 and resize 30%.  Copy and paste as a new layer; free rotate 90 degrees left.

Using the magic wand, click inside the frame and expand the selection by 5.

Open a paper of choice and resize 10%.  Copy and paste as a new layer and move beneath the frame.  Invert selection and tap delete.  Do not deselect.

Open the close-up tube and resize 75%.  Copy and paste as a new layer and arrange within the frame.  Tap delete and deselect.  Change blend mode to Luminance (L).  Apply drop shadow to the tube and the frame, I used H&V 2, Opacity 68, Blur 10.  I used the same drop shadow throughout.

Copy and paste my text as a new layer.  Drop shadow has already been applied.  Duplicate this layer and reduce the opacity of the copy to 75%.

Hide the background layer and merge visible.  Unhide the background layer.  Move the frame slightly to the left.

Copy and paste your main tube as a new layer and arrange on the right side of the frame.  Drop shadow.

Add your elements, I used:

Butterfly01: resize 5%, then 85%; free rotate 25 degrees right.  Sharpen
Butterfly02: resize 5%, then 85% x2, free rotate 25 degrees left.  Sharpen
ChainWire: resize 17%, use the raster deform tool to further adjust the size to your satisfaction.  Reduce the opacity to 65%
Deco01: resize 15%; free rotate 90 degrees left
Feather: resize 15%, then 85%
Flower01: resize 5%, then 70%
Handcuffs: resize 10%
Key: resize 10%, then 70%
Rose02: resize 5%, then 90%; duplicate
Bow01: resize 10%; free rotate 25 degrees left
Ribbon01: resize 10%; duplicate and mirror

Apply drop shadow to all elements.

Hide background layer and merge visible.  Unhide background layer and add a new raster layer.  Select all.  Copy and paste a paper of choice into the selection.  Deselect.  Apply the mask and merge the mask group.

Add your name and all applicable copyright and license information.  Save as a png or jpg and you're finished, enjoy your new tag!

Email me HERE to show me your results!

Hugs, Carol

3 comments:

  1. I am looking on http://arthurcrowesfactory.com for the tube and can't find it. Ia it one of the 8 man bonus pack? Thanks for the gorgeous tut! Cant wait to start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annette,

    I think that bonus is a freebie for spending $10 or more at the store. When I got the tube used in my tut Arthur was selling at PTE and maybe this tube (called "Damon") was an exclusive? He has lots of other options at his store though, I can see a few that would work great with this tut. Check out "Blue Sexy Eyes" or "Good Punk". Have fun with the tut! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, I really wanted this guy! lol Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket