11 August 2012

Nature's Precious Gems (PTU)

(click tag to see full-size image)

Nature's Precious Gems

This tutorial was written by me on August 11th, 2012 and is the result of my own ideas.  Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintentional.

PSP version used: X2, but should work in other versions.

This tutorial was written assuming you have a general knowledge of PSP.

Supplies Needed

Scrap kit: I used a gorgeous kit called "Jewelled Spring" by A Tagger's Scrap.  You can get it at Sophisti-Scraps.  Thanks so much Jo!

Tube: I used a beautiful tube by Katerina Koukiotis called "The Arrival of Spring".  I love this artist, her portraits are breathtaking!  You can purchase her art from PSP Tube Stop.  Please don't use without a license.

Mask: I used mask #80 by Designs by Vaybs.

Font: I used 2Peas Sonnets Script, HERE.

~~ Remember to save often! ~~

Place the mask in your PSP masks folder or a folder of your choice.

Open a new image, 800 x 750, white background.

From the kit, open frame4 and resize 85%.  Copy and paste as a new layer.  Using the magic wand, click inside the frame.  Expand the selection by 5.

Open a paper of choice and resize 60%.  Copy and paste as a new layer and move below the frame.  Invert the selection and tap delete.  Do not deselect.  From the kit, open sparkles and resize 80%.  Copy and paste as a new layer, position as desired.  Tap delete and deselect.  Apply a light drop shadow, I used H&V 2, Opacity 25, Blur 10.

Resize the tube 55%.  Copy and paste as a new layer above the sparkles.  Arrange as desired. Duplicate the tube and move the copy above the frame.

Activate the frame layer and click inside the frame with the magic wand.  Activate the tube copy layer and remove the parts of the tube that are outside the selection at the bottom.  Deselect.  Drop shadow the bottom (original) tube layer only, I used H&V 2, Opacity 57, Blur 12.

Now add your elements, I used:

greenery4: resize 60%; duplicate and mirror
greenery2: resize 70%, mirror; paste again and resize 60%, arrange on top of first layer
beadsprig: resize 60%
beadsprig2: resize 35%; duplicate and mirror
bow1: resize 40%
bottle: resize 40%
bottle2 & 3: resize each 50%
flower3: resize 40%
flower4: resize 50%, then 85%
flower8: resize 22%
flower5: resize 80%; free rotate 90 degrees left and mirror.  Paste again, free rotate and resize 70%.  Arrange; see my tag for reference.
gemscatter3: resize 70%; duplicate and mirror.  Apply same drop shadow as sparkle layer.
butterfly: resize 35%; free rotate 25 degrees right or left.  Duplicate and mirror.

Drop shadow all elements, I used H&V 2, Opacity 57, Blur 8.  Drop shadow the frame, I used H&V 0, Opacity 57, Blur 12.

Hide the background layer and merge visible.  Unhide the background layer and add a new raster layer.  Select all.  Copy and paste a paper of choice into the selection and deselect.  Apply the mask and merge the mask group.

Crop and resize your tag.  Add your name and all applicable copyright and license information.  Save as a png or jpg and you're finished!  Enjoy your new tag!

I'd love to see your results so I can show them off!  Email me HERE.

Hugs, Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket